Below are a few tips yiu can use when configuring an Office 365 email account for your SMTP server settings in Moodle:
- Visit your moodle site
- Site administration > Server > Email > Outgoing mail configuration
You will need the port number 587 as part of your SMTP host as used below:
- SMTP security should be set to TLS
- SMTP Username will be the full email address of the Office 365 account.
- Your SMTP username and no-reply address need to be the same. You can configure the no reply address under No-reply and domain settings.
- Use the the test outgoing mail configuration option to test. You can also use messaging between users or the forgot password functionality.